Terms of Service
General Use of the Service and RestrictionsDialogues hereby grants you permission to access and use the Service as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that: You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Service or the Content without Dialogues's prior written authorization, unless Dialogues makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service. You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain Dialogues's prior written approval: the sale of access to the Service; the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service or Content; Prohibited commercial uses do not include:
- uploading content (text, images, audio files, or video) to Dialogues, or maintaining an original channel on Dialogues, to promote your business or artistic enterprise;
- showing Dialogues content through the Embeddable Content method on an ad-enabled blog or website, subject to the advertising restrictions set forth above below; or
- any use that Dialogues expressly authorizes in writing.
Your Use of ContentIn addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of Content. The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos ("Marks") on the Service, are owned by or licensed to Dialogues, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law. Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a "download" or similar link displayed by Dialogues on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of Dialogues or the respective licensors of the Content. Dialogues and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein. You understand that when using the Service, you will be exposed to Content from a variety of sources, and that Dialogues is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Dialogues with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Dialogues, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
Your Content and ConductAs a Dialogues account holder you may submit Content to the Service, including videos, audio, images, text, and user comments. You understand that Dialogues does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit. You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content you submit; and you license to Dialogues all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to Dialogues, you hereby grant Dialogues a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicense-able and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and Dialogues's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your Content from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that Dialogues may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your videos that have been removed or deleted. The above licenses granted by you in user comments and ratings you submit are perpetual and irrevocable. You further agree that Content you submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant Dialogues all of the license rights granted herein. You further agree that you will not submit to the Service any Content or other material that is contrary to the Dialogues User Guidelines, currently found at help, which may be updated from time to time, or contrary to applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations. Dialogues does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Dialogues expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. Dialogues does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and Dialogues will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. Dialogues reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
Account Termination PolicyDialogues will terminate a user's access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Dialogues reserves the right to decide whether Content violates these Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, or excessive violence. Dialogues may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user's account for submitting such material in violation of these Terms of Service.
Limitation of LiabilityIN NO EVENT SHALL Dialogues, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Dialogues SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. The Service is controlled and offered by Dialogues from its facilities in the United States of America. Dialogues makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
Digital Millennium Copyright ActIf you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in San Francisco, California, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Dialogues may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Dialogues's sole discretion.